Sunday, October 9, 2011

Why do we RAISE our hands during Worship?



Have you ever wondered why we raise our hands during workship?

It’s because we SURRENDER to the Almighty Living God!

Psa 134:2 AMP
Lift up your hands in holiness to the sanctuary and Bless the Lord [affectionately and gratefully praise Him]!

In the world we live in, when we tell someone to lift up their hands it is usually in an act of surrender, in yeilding to a higher authority. When we lift our hands to God Almighty it is both a sign of Worship but also a sign of yeilding to His Authority and Supreme Power, acknowledging Him as our Lord!

If you can’t lift your hands to Him, can you really say He is your Master and God. It is just a thought, not a condemnation… but think about it! Are you willing to surrender your life to Him and TRUST that He will REALLY care for you? You don’t have to be in church or have Worship music playing, you can do it right now! Right where you are just lift your hands to Heaven and say “God I surrender, I turn my life over to you, I give up trying to live my own way, my life is now Yours. Lead me, guide me direct me, and watch over me as your child“.

It is much easier then you think and by surrendering yourself to Him you actually become FREE! Yup, FREEDOM comes from surrender! You are trying to lead yourself without a map and compass and all the time God is waiting there for you to put you on the right path.

So if you are at the end of YOUR rope, GIVE UP and let God show you the right way! He loves you and cares for you, but He is waiting on you… you are not waiting on Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment