Monday, September 26, 2011

I want to quit

If there was ever a day I wanted to quit my blog, it would be today.

 

I'm completely exhausted with this thing.

Is it fair to say with every good thing comes a season when you wrestle with the thoughts of walking away?

I know that's not super spiritual. Sorry.

But sometimes quitting seems a lot easier than pushing through the pain and exhaustion.


Don't worry, I'm probably not gonna quit this blog cause my friends won't let me.
[Plus I'm sure if I did, Conrad would lovingly and sarcastically insult me back to my senses :)].

I know people come here to be encouraged so I'm sorry for being a debbie downer today and for being whinny. Just where I am.

I know I'm blessed. I know I don't have 'perspective' right now.

Maybe I just need a vacation or a nap.

Anyone else feel like they just wanna quit _______?

If so, I hope you have people in your life who won't let you quit cause there's so much at stake.

Quitting is not really an option. You probably already know that. You know you can't walk away from your kids or your church or your job or your passions or your dreams or whatever else is kicking your butt right now.

But that doesn't always make it easier. Sometimes we just need to crawl up in a corner and scream 'I wanna quit'...

Then dust ourselves up and get back to the grind cause His grace is enough.

But if you need some space to anonymously vent or whine about wanting to walk away cause it seems it would be easier, then feel free to let it out in the comments.

What are you tempted to walk away from?

Have you ever felt like you wanted to quit something that was going well?

How do you deal with the temptation to walk away?

3 comments:

  1. Ha! You know i was floored when i saw your tweet of this blog post! Whammo!

    Insult you back to your senses? Ouch!

    How about some encouragement?

    You are one of the few sold out people to the Lord that I know of. Seriously. Each tweet and blog post shows that you are someone that knows Jesus, and follows the Spriit of God. We need your revelations from the Lord badly.

    Taking a break is one thing, but quitting? I don't remember a retirement clause in scripture anywhere.... hmmm....

    Thanks Emma for all you do. Be encouraged and Strengthen yourself in the Lord.

    1Sa 30:6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration, Emma. I have been blessed by many of your Tweets on Twitter. You have a beautiful way with words, and an incredible insight.

    Any time I have ever felt like quitting the writing thing, it has been connected to my desire to be successful. It may not be the case with you, but when I simply do what is in front of me-and let God worry about how big it will get-I find I am less burdened. Again, though, that is my own experience.

    Grace and Peace
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. My personal experiences with quitting are mostly about my pride. Usually I'm doing something for the wrong reason. Maybe the right thing, but my ego is fed by the thing I want to quit. Maybe because my ego isn't being fed enough or maybe because I've run into something I don't like. Sometimes its just time to quit hanging onto something whose time is up. I think anyway you cut it some kind of pain makes you really want to quit. I think that's a message to re-evaluate.

    Whatever your reason is you do a great job with your blog. I hope its not time for you to quit.

    ReplyDelete