Friday, September 16, 2011

Horror--Scope



I have to admit that I used to read my horoscope in the newspaper first thing in the morning. I never really took it seriously, and it seemed like a fun thing to do. It gave me something to talk about with my girlfriends. Everyone compared notes to see how our “stars lined up” with each other. If something went wrong during the day, we’d shrug it of and blame our astrological sign. It was all done in good fun.


Now that I know better, I look back and cringe. Anytime we look at something that even attempts to compete with our faith in God, we’re playing in dangerous territory. It may seem innocent, but anything to do with astrology is based on false teachings, and God condemns it.


Astrology separates us from God by claiming that the stars and planets have more control over us than our Creator. I strongly believe that only God knew my future when I was born--not some impersonal planet that doesn’t have the ability to care or save me from my sin.


Hope isn’t found in our horoscope. The only place we can find hope and eternal peace is in God’s Word.

For more see my August 6, 2011 post ....Astrology and the Bible


No comments:

Post a Comment