Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Trust You, Lord



This past week it seems like worries old and new have been coming to my mind a lot. It’s not that I have a real cause to worry when I really think about my life, but it’s so incredibly easy to fall back into it again and again.

When these worries come to mind, I’ve found myself mini-praying, “I trust You, Lord,” and giving up that worry to Him once again. I’m amazed at how many times I have to use those four words, but it’s a wonderful reminder to me of how I can cast my anxieties upon Him, knowing that He does care for me (1 Peter 5:7).

I was having one of these moments as I was doing my Bible reading last night, and only seconds later, these are the words God spoke back to me through His Word:

“ For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
The LORD gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
O LORD of hosts,
How blessed is the man who trusts in You!”
- Psalm 84:11-12

The Lord reminded me so timely that He blesses those who trust in Him. By placing my trust in Him, He promises to bless: not necessarily with the working-out of my worries in the way I want them worked out, but in the way that He desires them to work out. God is in control and can take care of these worries and others that I might have.

And I can rest assured in my loving, competent God


1 comment:

  1. I have come to the realization that trusting God is NOT for whimps!

    I am still learning that God REALLY is my provider over all. For the last few months, i have been facing bills at the end of the month and then BLESSINGS came out of seemingly nowhere!

    You know that scripture about seeking the Kingdom and His ways of doing things right? Well, they are not just idle words. God comes through.

    And you are right, He doesn't always come through the way we THINK He is going to come through. God is an 'outside the box' provider! Mircales are outside the box. That is where God lives!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete