Monday, November 14, 2011

The “You” Nobody Knows: Lost, Scared, Alone Forever?



“Grow up,” they told you– and so you did.
You grew and you grew until
one day you were paying your own bills and
doing your own laundry and
making your own way.
You grew and you grew
and you grew
but still you had the strange sensation that
you were still a child
living in a grown person’s body–
lost,
scared,
alone,
pretending to have it all together
all of the time.
* * *
Until one day–
“Child,”
comes a voice,
“You were never meant to navigate
this ocean-of-a-world on your own.”
And the moment you hear it
in your ears and in your heart
you know that it is true.
And slowly, peacefully
comes the sense you’re being rocked
softly, tenderly,
in the arms of one who cares.
You close your eyes
and finally,
there is rest.
Finally,
you are known.
You are safe.
You are loved.
Finally.
It’s this moment that you’ve been missing for an eternity
and yet have never been missing at all.
* * *
“Child,”
says the voice,
“When was the last time you allowed me to hold you?”


For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13



2 comments:

  1. No one knows that I almost always feel suicidal after work...especially when I work with my boss. I try to tell people this job is killing me. I have so much stress. I have to take abusive customers and a boss who is abrasive, unorganized and sets off my PTSD symptoms. I have to take it because it is the job I have and there is no other way to pay the bills. I have applied for other jobs but nothing. I am not sure I would do well training at another job right now anyway...my brain is so fried from stress. I find I am angry even though I forgive and my anger isn't any simple thing...it is tortuous and evil. Why do I have to be there anymore? When can I have permission to leave even though I don't have another job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have a way to touch my heart , Thank you Emma God bless you

    ReplyDelete