Thursday, November 17, 2011

WAKE UP!



Children of God wake up! It's time to fight!
The Son has risen, there's no more night.
So stop hiding in the dark like you have something to be ashamed of;
Go forth boldly, in faith. Teach this world about God's love.

It's time we put our shoulder to the plow, not just money in a plate.
Time we picked up our swords and stormed the enemy's gate.
Because there are prisoners there who can't find their way,
Even though the battle is won and their ransom is paid.

WAKE UP! For the deceiver is working hard in your life and in mine
and his greatest lie
is that we have more time
but while you were listening to this another sinner died!

But you're tired and comfortable, go ahead, sleep.
Don't listen to their husbands and wives and children weep.
Don't let their screams from hell keep you awake.
Don't dream about the God you chose to forsake.   

1 comment:

  1. Love this poem, Emma. Thanks for sharing. I think compassion and this sense of urgency should always be moving us. When I was 16 and spent loads of time with God, he just ignited my heart with what you describe in this post. I'd see faces of people dying and suffering in my city and began to realize that I (though Him) have all it takes to bring change. I started stepping out on the streets and within a few months hundreds had come to the Lord.
    We can read 17 times in the Gospel that Jesus was moved by compassion, stopped everything he was doing and focused on that one person. I've experienced many exiting supernatural adventures with Holy Spirit out of every-day situations as I listed to this tiny emotion. I've also often not listened to it. I think as we grow and mature in our relationship with Him our hearts begin to melt into this beautiful union where He shares His perspective and emotions with us to a deeper and deeper level...
    Love your Blog, how long have you been writing here?

    ReplyDelete