Friday, August 5, 2011

Lord, I turn to You

Lord, I turn to You as my source of strength when I feel so alone. I think of Christ and know that the loneliness He felt in Gethsemane and on the cross must have been far greater than I feel now. Still, I find my feelings difficult to bear. Thank You for being so accessible and understanding. Help me to overcome my isolation and to reach out to others once again.

Help me, Father, to change these times of fear and apprehension into trust and assurance. Keep me steadfast and resolute of purpose in serving You and in doing Your will. Forgive my weakness and shortcomings. Lord, hear my prayer, for I give You praise, honor, glory and thanks.

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: Wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14


In Christ’s name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment